Staying Motivated During Your Final Months

Elizabeth Ruvalcaba, Staff Writer

The same way unicorns are real, senioritis is too. Senioritis is supposedly a “disease” that plagues high school seniors every year and causes them to lose motivation in school. This can cause their grades to lower during a very crucial time of their last academic year. There can be very bad repercussions such as not being able to participate in senior activities or worse, getting your admission decision revoked from colleges. To prevent this from happening, here are tips on how to stay motivated.

1. Get Organized

Organization is key to make sure you stay on track and do your assignments. You should get a planner or notebook so you can write down the homework and projects you are assigned every day. This will eliminate the shock you have when you go into class the next day and realize you have a quiz on a chapter you forget to read about for homework. Depending on the type of class, one quiz can make or break your grade.

2. Get Eight Hours of Sleep Every Day

It is hard to be excited about school when you are extremely tired from the lack of sleep you had the night before. According to scientific research, teens need at least eight hours of sleep to function properly. If needed, you should set up a sleeping schedule to make sure you are energized and ready to learn every morning.

3. Give Yourself a Break

Breathe, it’s okay to take some time off from school work (when it’s appropriate). Don’t spend every weekend studying or else you will wear yourself out. Spend time with your friends, make memories, create stories to tell others in the future. Go out and have fun occasionally but know your limit. Find the perfect balance between work and free time.

4. Remember Your Goal

You are only four months away from graduating, don’t blow it. Have fun but don’t forget what the true purpose of school is. Graduation is right around the corner and every senior should walk across that stage in June. You have the power to make sure that happens, nobody else. These last few months are going to be overwhelming but it’s nothing you can’t handle.