ATTENTION SENIORS!!!!!!!!!

Ivan Meza, Staff Writer

With graduation fast approaching it is time for us to get our acts together and start applying to college. Don’t let yourself become a victim of senioritis, due dates are coming up faster than you think and you don’t want to miss out  especially when your future is on the line.

TIPS
1. Don’t wait until the last minute to fill out your applications; the websites tend to crash near the end of the dead lines. Don’t believe me? Search up “CSU mentor crashed” on Twitter and see what I mean.
2. You only need to fill out one CSU application even if you plan to apply to more that one CSU.
3. Don’t be the student who doesn’t apply to Cal-states.
4. Ask your teacher of choice their emails for recommendation letters.
5. Fill out the EOP when applying to CSU’s, there is no reason not to do it. If you qualify it is literally just free money.
6. Fill out your FAFSA ASAP, the sooner you apply the more money you will get.
7. If you need a place to fill out your applications come down to the Lobo Center when you get the chance.
8. Be aware of your GPA and your test scores. You only get a certain a few free college applications so make them count.
9. Check colleges of choice, some have certain requirements you’ll need to do. (Subject Tests requirements).
10. Raise.me is an easy way to find scholarships through high school achievements.

november-page-2

“The longer you wait the more mistakes can happen, so the more time you put in the better of you’ll be with accurate applications, and you’ll have more time to do corrections. Take advantage of as much help as you may need.” -Gilbert Viveros

“The more time that you waste the less money that will be available to you, or the more you’d be putting more money at risk of being loss.” -CJ Cabbil