Homecoming 2016

Agustin Chavez, Staff Writer

Homecoming is one of the most anticipated nights of the school year. Students go with friends and dates, showing off their happy feet on the dance floor. The theme of this year’s dance was an Enchanted Garden, and it proved itself to be a truly unforgettable experience for the students.

Entering homecoming, students were greeted by Mr. Blazer as the spooky walking tree.  The room was set elegantly, and had decorations that made the environment feel as if we were in an enchanted forest. Decorations like leaves, and flowers hung on the wall, and the garden themed backdrop had many dates and friends gathering to capture the moment through photos.

“It was surreal because I would’ve never expected myself to attend homecoming this year, I’ve always imagined going junior or senior year. I didn’t know what to expect but it was definitely a wonderful night,” said sophomore Carolina Camacho.

The room was dark, but lightened by the DJ’s party lights.  Friends were greeting one another, and complimenting each other’s sharp and snazzy attires. Halfway through the evening, the tables were mostly deserted because many dates and friends couldn’t resist the urge from the music, so they spent most of the night dancing on the dance floor.

The music was upbeat and satisfying and made difficult for many to enjoy the delicious dinner, knowing you could be on the dance floor enjoying yourself with friends and dates. By the time you knew it, more than half of the students, and even our history teacher, Mr. Cawood, gathered and danced until they grew exhausted.

“It was a great night. The music was great dancing with friends and I got to meet and know other people as well. It met my expectations for my first homecoming, and I plan to go again next year,” said junior Aaron Gutierrez After dinner the music stopped, many students were taken off the dance floor to finally hear the winners of this year’s homecoming.

Mr. Blazer, dressed as the spooky walking tree, went up on stage and taunted everyone by keeping them on the edge of their seats as they impatiently waited to hear the winners.

+As the winners were announced individually, the crowd chanted and cheered as they heard their friends and peers being called up on stage. This year’s homecoming king and queen were Mario Serrano, and Valerie Duenez. For 11th grade, Christopher Ramirez won prince and Mariana Jimenez won princess. In addition, the 10th grade prince and princess were, Josiah Sione, and Desiree Kimura. Last but not least, Marissa Gallardo won 9th grade princess.

“It was good night, I enjoyed hanging out with my friends at the most, as well as dancing, the dinner, and the place looked really nice. For my first and last homecoming, I can say I really liked this great night,” said senior Adam Ramirez.