Club Rush Reaches Out to Future Members

Jose Olvera, Staff Writer

Rancho is home to a variety of clubs led by students. With another school year just beginning, this year’s Club Rush provided an opportunity for clubs and students to connect with each other. The event united many lobos interested in learning more about the clubs available at school and how they could get involved.

There were many familiar clubs this year such as National Honors Society and Key Club. However, this year brought some new clubs like Filipino Club and RDPS Students For Liberty, which is an organization developed to empower the future generation of liberty.

One of the main things that make Club Rush so successful is its convenience. Trying out a new club may seem complicated, but the nature of Club Rush encourages students to join by simply writing their names on the club their interested in.

By having all the clubs out during lunch with their own stations set up, students can easily see what options they have and walk up to learn more information. They can sign up on the spot or if it isn’t their cup of tea they can move on to other clubs that they may be interested in. Club Rush may seem like a bunch of clubs trying to “win” your membership but it means a lot more similar interests.

Junior Jenicah Baquir, a member of NHS said “Club rush is important because it creates new opportunities and experiences. Joining clubs also helps you to prepare for college.”

The health of a club also heavily relies on Club Rush at the beginning of a school year. It provides a way for the club to gain new members. Without this event, students would have to learn about the clubs on campus by searching for information themselves. This would affect the membership of all the clubs because there would be no reaching out to students who are potentially interested or don’t even know that the club exists.

“At the end of the year, clubs die out. Club Rush reminds students that we are still here,” said Senior Harley Vasco, President of Green Club.

Even if students didn’t end up joining a club, Club Rush still served as an opportunity for everyone to get to know each other and unite as a school. Students are exposed to different interests and are encouraged to start getting involved if they are interested. Without this event, many people wouldn’t join clubs or contribute much to what makes us so diverse and interesting yet also unified.

Feminist club members before they start recruiting for new members.
Carolyne Gonzalez and Nanci Salazar, seniors, encouraging students to join Latino Club.
Senior John Dungo wears the Filipino flag to show his pride.

1231