Single on Valentines Day

Leslie Andrade, Staff Writer

It’s that time of the year again, Valentine’s Day. The day where girls get the huge teddy bear they’ve been wanting from costco. Being single on Valentines day isn’t as bad as people say it is. February 14th is just another typical Wednesday. Being single isn’t the end of the world. It can be drama free, and most importantly inexpensive.

“It’s just a normal day for me, I don’t mind if i’m by myself that day. My playlist helps me get through it’ says Freshman Nyla Metoyer. “A message to everyone who is alone on the 14th, who cares ! Anyways you don’t even have to have a pair to be happy or loved. There’s always one person who loves you, you don’t need a girlfriend/boyfriend for that.

“I don’t really mind Valentine’s Day, it doesn’t really get to me. I normally just bring some goodies for my closest friends” says Sophomore Elisa Salazar. She gets through it just like if it was a regular day. “You don’t need a significant lover for this day, and if you have someone in mind go for it. You don’t need anything big for that day, just show love to others and let them know they’re not forgotten just like any other day”.

“Being single on this day is whatever, it really doesn’t matter to me because it’s like any other day” says Junior Rowell Ramos. “I don’t have to spend a lot on a girl right after i spent over $100 on birthday gifts”. He gets through it like any other day. “it’s normal just everyone with flowers and chocolates”.

Being single on Valentine’s Day isn’t as bad as not having a parent on mother or father’s day. It isn’t the end of the world. If you’re single on Valentine’s Day don’t let anyone make you feel bad bad about it.